Monday 10 May 2010

All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner Reviews

All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner Reviews
Other products by Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry Ratting 4.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 11 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

Amazon.com Review

Heavy Cast Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner
This heavy-duty pressure cooker's large capacity is probably best utilized for canning (though it would also be great for a number of cooking tasks). A pressure cooker is generally recommended when canning vegetables and nonacid fruit, since the high heat that can be generated will kill more bacteria than a regular hot water bath. Made from cast aluminum, with sturdy screws to seal the lid to the pot, this pressure cooker requires no rubber or plastic gaskets or rings. Its 15-1/2-quart capacity holds 10 pint jars or 7 quart jars. A three-setting pressure regulator valve is included, and the pressure gauge gives a clear reading. Made in Wisconsin, this is an American classic. --Julija Gelazis

Technical Details

- 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker/canner holds 10 pint jars or 7 quart jars
- Made of durable, hand-cast aluminum with attractive satin finish
- Exclusive "metal-to-metal" sealing system for a steam-tight seal; no gaskets
- Geared steam gauge, automatic overpressure release; settings of 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi
- 12-1/2 inches high with 7-1/2-inch inside diameter; made in USA
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"I love my all american" 2010-03-25
By June Cordeiro (Oregon)
I absolutely love my all american. I like the fact that it takes care of the pressure pretty much on it's own. I can check it every so often but don't have to sit on it. It's also easier with the way it closes with screws. Much easier than my old presto. The only problem I have had is the black part on a couple of the screws is loose, so I have to remove to untwist. But other than that I am extremely happy with it.

Customer Buzz
"Pressure cooker" 2010-01-03
By G. Kent Bittner (Williamsport, Pa. USA)
This was ordered for next years harvest. Received in excellent condition. As described and replaces another model that used a rubber seal. Expect results will be favorable since it is a well made, American made product, that will be around longer than I will. It would be nice if more manufacturers would realize the value in making and selling products manufactured in the USA. We purchased the All-American canner simple because it was an USA product.

Customer Buzz
"Cindy McCament" 2009-10-16
By CINDY MCCAMENT
Works great! I have a smooth top glass stove and had a little bit of concern as to how well this would work on it. I have no problem getting it to reach the pressure I need and maintaining it. The lid is a little tricky to get on, but once you get used to it, it works great. Make sure to put vaseline around the rim of the lid as suggested in the manual. It really makes a difference.

Customer Buzz
"What a fantastic kitchen tool!" 2009-10-01
By Kenneth Rogoski
My wife and I originally purchased the All-American 15-1/2 to do some canning, however we have been using it non-stop for making meals!

Just thinking how many times we ate out or had something quick and easy for dinner, I decided to use it to make a pork roast. I browned the pork and seasoned well, popped it into the cooker and 45 minutes later we were eating the juiciest, most tender pork roast we have ever had.

We have been making meals with the All-American like this almost every night. I can now cook a meal usually reserved for lazy Sunday afternoons after a long day at work.

3 pound pork roast: 45 Minutes! Delicious!!
5 pound Beef roast: 50 Minutes! Fantastic!!

We have done Ham in record time, made delicious chicken stock, etc...

I really couldn't live with out it now.

I love the heavy construction, and the ease of use. This one is made to last,,,FOREVER!!

Comparing the All-American to others on the market, sure it was more expensive, but it was absolutely worth the small difference in price.

A ten pound bone-in ham just fits in the 15-1/2 quart model. Keep that in mind!

Customer Buzz
"Should be sold with screwdriver" 2009-09-01
By V. McMartin
I bought this canner after receiving a recommendation from someone else with the same model. hers is a few years older and she's never had a problem.

but every time I open mine I need to pry it open with a screwdriver. I greased it and followed the directions. and still it's a problem.

I called the company and they said that I should expect to need to pry it open for it's 1st 12 uses then it shouldn't need teh screwdriver anymore and that the manual says what to do when it seals shut. yes the manual does say to pry it open but it's in the back of the manual with the other things you never expect to happen.

This canner should come with a screwdriver/prybar whatever because you can't open it without one and the box should mention this as well. If I had known about this problem and if the company was upfront about it, i'd be alot happier. but it annoys me that they are aware of the issue and don't consider it a problem.

I never kept a screwdriver in my kitchen before, now it's in the drawer right next to the stove. :(


Images Product

Read more All-American 15-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO