Saturday 1 May 2010

Fagor Duo 8-Quart Pressure Cooker Reviews

Fagor Duo 8-Quart Pressure Cooker Reviews
Other products by Fagor Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 7 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

Includes Fagor Duo 8QT. Pressure Cooker Instruction manual Recipe book.

Technical Details

- Instruction manual and recipe book included; 10-year warranty.
- Ergonomically designed black handle provides a comfortable hold
- Includes automatic pressure release position and visual pressure indicator
- Constructed of 18/10 stainless steel; works on all heat sources
- 8-Quart pressure cooker with steamer basket; safety locking handle
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Eat beans for you and the world!" 2010-04-25
By C. Schreyer (Costa Mesa, CA USA)
I've never used a pressure cooker before, but kept reading tempting recipes, so I bought this one (recommended by Cook's Illustrated). It seemed too big, but then I realized when you pressure cook, you only fill the pot half full, so it's perfect for cooking for our family of five. I love it!! We've had minestrone, hummus, potato salad, black beans, madras-style chickpeas, potato-leek soup... all cooked in less than a half hour. We're trying to eat less meat for environmental, financial, and health reasons, and this pot is the key to a quick bean-based dinner. It's very sturdy and easy to clean. The depth is nice when I'm sauteing (like onion) before pressure cooking. The basket is used for cooking things above the liquid. Two small negatives: 1) the basket handle can pull off if you yank it too fast when it's full, 2) the little wire thing used to keep the basket out of the water is a little tippy - they should make it wider. This is a nice pot, though; the aluminum (sealed in by stainless) in the bottom makes it saute beautifully. And the rubber seal+ locking system seems very efficient and safe.

Customer Buzz
"Great pressure cooker once you learn its "trick"" 2010-03-18
By H. Mia (Kailua Kona, HI USA)
I'm a novice cook so let me admit that first. The trick I refer to is how I need to use the slider switch on the handle that "locks" the pressure cooker. I don't know if it's just this particular cooker I received or whether others with this model have had the same issue. I have noticed that when I slide the switch toward the pot to lock the cover, I have to give it an extra push to REALLY lock it once the popup pops up indicating full pressure. If I don't do that, the cooker continues to emit steam from around the handle and when I go to lower the burner to medium low, the popup drops back down and the cooker fails to maintain pressure. There is no reason to think that the slider is not in its fully locked position initially. But only when I give it another push after the popup pops up does the cooker cover appear to be locked.

Just wanted others to be aware of this potential issue. I was on the verge of returning it when I discovered I had to do this to get it to work reliably. Now that I know this, I'm very happy with the pressure cooker.

UPDATE: I see that other reviewers have had the same issue with this pressure cooker not maintaining pressure or failing to reach proper pressure. Since discovering what it takes to make mine work--and it has worked consistently since--I have not had a problem. I recommend to those who have had this issue to try this "fix."

Customer Buzz
"Is the metal in the pressure relief valve safe? What's this black stuff?" 2010-02-22
By Richard E. Crawford
After using the pressure cooker to cook the following foods:

Rice (1 cup)
Garbanzo Beans (3 cup)
More Rice (2 cup)
Black Beans (1 cup w/ onions, peppers, salt)

I didn't notice it until after the black beans tonight (which came out fabulous by the way). On the inside of the lid there is the safety pressure release valve and next to it is the pressure regulator. The regulator now has this filthy black dirt/dust on it. It is the ONLY part of the lid or pot that has this stuff on it, indicating to me that this part must be some other type or metal such that this stuff doesn't adhere to the rest of the pot. It comes off readily on my finger and most closely resembles a graphite-like substance based on my experience.

I can't imagine why if this black dirt is from the black beans why does it only fiercly adhere to the pressure regulator and not to any other component? Or is there some defective regulators out there putting bad stuff out of the metal ???!!?! I just took the handle apart to check it out further. It is a very simple device and the regular and everything else appears clean everywhere else.

I fully realize that this could end up being from what I was cooking, but I am posting this more as a question just to be safe here. I am having a hard time finding a contact number on Fagor's website, I will try to find one to call them tomorrow.

Customer Buzz
"I can't get things to NOT burn in this" 2010-02-12
By N. Ferguson (Ogden, UT USA)
Everything I make burns in this pot. I had an electric pressure cooker before that died after I had it for a few years. It worked beautifully. It took a little longer to pressurize than the stove-top Fagor Duo, but nothing burned in it. My Fagor, on the other hand, burns everything! The only thing that doesn't burn is water. Occasionally I like to cook food in something besides water, but if I want to do that I have to use my oven and do it the old fashioned way. Very frustrating! I do not cook it on too high of a temperature. I keep it barely pressurized during the cooking time and things still burn. If any of you have recommendations on this, I'd appreciate it. I think, in the meantime, I'll re-purchase my old electric cooker.

Customer Buzz
"8 Quart PC and Lorna Sass' Cookbook - A great start..." 2010-01-13
By Ann Matney (Bozeman, MT)
I have only done a few recipes thus far. All have come out nicely... Using Lorna Sass' book as a guide I can feel safe in my early PC ventures and have excellent (scientific even) assistance on how to operate my PC and be successful with various recipes. The 8 qt. is quite big, but I think it's a good way to start so you can do roasts, etc. Later I may invest in a smaller one. No wonder the Italians love the PC!


Images Product

Read more Fagor Duo 8-Quart Pressure Cooker

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO