Saturday 17 April 2010

Circulon 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven Reviews

Circulon 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven Reviews
Other products by Circulon Ratting 4.0 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 7 Total Use 0


Read More From Here Now

Amazon.com Review

Indispensable to the household chef. Its size allows for creating pasta dishes, risotto, or even casseroles, and it's oven safe to 500°F. The heavy gauge, hard-anodized aluminum provides even heating - no hot spots! The patented TOTAL Hi-Low Food Release system protects the nonstick surface from abrasion, allows food to slide out easily, and, along with the nonstick exterior, makes clean up a breeze.
Simmer up a spicy black bean soup or a gourmet risotto in this Circulon 5-1/2-quart covered Dutch oven crafted in durable hard-anodized aluminum with a fully-encapsulated stainless-steel base for premium heat convection and thorough insulation. The hi-low wave technology distributes even heat, while nonstick coating on the Dutch oven's exterior and interior ensures hassle-free cooking and cleaning. The chef transports the Dutch oven by two cast stainless-steel loop handles, riveted securely to its sides. Another loop handle sits atop the lid. Unlike other hard-anodized cookware, the unique nonstick exterior renders the Dutch oven dishwasher- safe. For baking applications, the Dutch oven fares well in ovens up to 500 degrees F. A limited lifetime warranty covers this item. The Dutch oven measures 12 by 11-2/3 by 6-1/10 inches and weighs 4 pounds upon shipping. --Jessica Reuling

Technical Details

- This 5-1/2 quart Dutch oven accommodates casseroles, stews, sauces and more; hassle-free cooking and cleaning with nonstick interior and exterior
- Crafted in hard anodized aluminum with a fully encapsulated stainless-steel aluminum base for ultimate heat convection and thorough insulation; lid contains heat
- Transferred to and from the stovetop by the 2 durable, cast stainless-steel handles; Circulon securely rivets the tab handles to the Dutch oven's sides and lid
- Sustains oven temperatures up to 500 degrees F with even heat distribution; dishwasher- safe
- Dutch oven measures 12 by 11-2/3 by 6-1/10 inches and weighs 4 pounds upon shipping; limited lifetime warranty
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"really great soup pot" 2010-02-10
By Debra S. Turner
I bought this pot for my daughter at Christmas. It's very good quality and definitely worth the price. Sturdy for long time cooking. I ended up getting one for me too. I would recommend this for anyone who needs a big soup pot or braising pot.

Customer Buzz
"Reasonable price for a nice dutch oven." 2010-01-31
By Texas Ivory (Texas)
Have had many dutch ovens over the years. This dutch oven heats up fast and seems to distribute the heat fairly evenly; it REALLY isn't necessary to use a very high heat (and not recommended, either). Comes clean easily; like the glass lid and being able to see inside; weight and size make it easy to handle; like that it can go in the oven; only wish side handles didn't get so hot when cooking on stovetop. Haven't had any problem with staining of outside (some others complained about it in reviews), but I have been washing and drying it by hand, which I really don't mind. With most good cookware, it is not recommended that you put it in the dishwasher anyway, and a dutch oven takes up so much space in the dishwasher, it just makes more sense to me to just wash it and get it put away.

Customer Buzz
"An amazing product at twice the price" 2009-11-01
By Dyanna Washington (Framingham, MA United States)
I'm a caterer so (a) I cook a lot, and (b) I have to watch my expenditures. Well, I needed a decent dutch oven and decided to give this a shot because I respect Circulon and it was in my budget. I admit that at first I was disappointed because it had so little weight. (I am somewhat of a snob and sometimes think that heft equals quality, i.e., I'm still waiting to win the lottery so I can buy my 20 piece set of All Clad!) I gave it a shot anyway and have been more than delighted. Cleaning is a breeze; it cooks evenly; and it even browns well. What more could I ask? Well it turns out there was one more thing I could want -- it needed to be idiot-proof because last week I made a bone-headed mistake. I was going to make a small pork roast braised in a salsa verde. Nothing major, right? Except that I ended up unexpectedly leaving the house for the day and forgot that I had the roast on the stove. As I was braising, and it was a small roast, I obviously had very little liquid in the pan. So when I came home I was horrified to find I had left the stove on, albeit it on low. I had a thick glob of crusted salsa verde glued to the bottom of the pan. Now many years ago I had made an equally stupid mistake with a stainless steel dutch oven -- adding WAY too much barley to a soup I was making. I never got the burnt barley off the bottom then, and I thought I was doomed now. But here's why I rave (and you already know the outcome) -- I took a flyer and put the dutch oven into soak for a day. And yes, it's as good as new now. I simply couldn't believe the ultimate ease of cleaning it out.

I also haven't hade any of the issues others have mentioned. My pot still looks good, hasn't turned white around the outside, and despite the light weight, has performed more than admirably. True I don't have a glass top stove, so I can't speak to that. But for anyone wanting a heckuva piece of good cookware for a steal, this can't be beat!

Customer Buzz
"Scary for my glass top stove" 2009-10-09
By J. B. Avellino (Phoenix AZ)
Needed this item so I could go from stovetop to oven. Glad I read the insert BEFORE using it and told my husband (who cooks a lot) about it. It warns you not to slide the hot pot from the burner to a cold burner on a glass topped stove. This could cause the pot to permanently damage the stove. I wouldn't have purchased had I known this but didn't want to pay to ship it back. So be VERY careful when using on glass top stoves!!!!

Customer Buzz
"Circulon's outer surface whitens with dish soap, dishwasher or not." 2009-06-29
By Flower woman (San Diego)
I bought these pans to hang on a rack in the kitchen. They were great looking when I bought, but after a few washings the outer coating comes off and becomes an unsightly ash appearance. The pans are buried in a cabnet...not hanging.


Images Product

Read more Circulon 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO