Sunday 18 April 2010

Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper Reviews

Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper Reviews
Other products by Wabash Valley Farms Ratting 4.5 Out of 5.0 Special Offer Total New 19 Total Use 1


Read More From Here Now

Amazon.com Review

The Original Whirley-Pop stovetop hand-crank popcorn popper brings it all back with its one-of-a-kind design. You can enjoy light, flavorful popcorn (makes up to six quarts) that you prepare yourself right on the stovetop in just three minutes.
Face it, sometimes the best thing about going out to a movie is the popcorn, those big plump kernels that always seem so much better than what you pop at home. But this simple stovetop popper changes all that. It really does make awesome, fresh-popped corn that might make you start renting videos instead. The sturdy aluminum pan has a clip-on lid with a stay-cool wooden handle. A turn crank on the handle spins the key element: the stainless steel stirring system that keeps the corn moving across the bottom of the pan, for even heat and oil distribution, ensuring the best popping results. The lid has steam vents, to help keep the popcorn dry and crisp. The enclosed booklet is a wonderful resource, with not only clear and detailed instructions, but also dozens of recipes and popcorn history and lore. These are folks who really do know their popcorn, and the results are outstanding. --Cynthia Nims

Technical Details

- Makes 6 quarts of theater style popcorn in just three minutes
- All Inclusive Real Theater Popping Kit
- Patented stirring mechanism prevents sticking and burning by stirring every kernel until it pops
- Easy Clean Up - Just wipe with a paper towel and store for later use
- 25 year warranty on all moving parts
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
"Love it." 2010-04-09
By Barbara B. Williams (NV)
I love it. I use it weekly and the popcorn is wonderful. However, when I went to register it the Whirley-Pop site did not accept the SN. I called them and left a message. I never got a return call.

Customer Buzz
"Didn't Think it Would Work..." 2010-04-07
By Judith Bean (oakland, california)
I read all the reviews before ordering the Whirley Pop...However, when it arrived, I looked at the thin, not so heavy pot, and laughed...I just thought "this is not goin work"... My husband & I love popcorn with our movies, so I made up a batch in the Whirley Pop, following the directions...
#1] While it was popping, it smelled like we had entered a movie theater [you know that smell..]
#2; As it popped, it got harder and harder to turn the handle [not a bad thing, just something to get used to], #3] It made the most delicious popcorn ever, and every since kernel was popped... No burning, no scorching, nada...just wonderful popcorn.
I am going to order this for my daughter and new son in-law for their Christmas gift...
It's a winner !!.. judy

Customer Buzz
"Popcorn Popper" 2010-04-02
By Diana J. Brown (Roseburg, Oregon USA)
This is the third Whirley-Pop I've owned. But if I give it only 3-stars why did I buy another one? Because it works pretty well in spite of its degrading qaulity. If you like popcorn and make lots of it, then expect to buy a replacement every few years. Why not another brand..? Sure, if the other brand works in the same manner as the Whirley-Pop. It seems however Whirley-Pop enjoys a one-of-a-kind market niche.., in spite of its quality issues. For example, the gears that operate the Whirley shaft are plastic. Heat from use eventually degrades the plastic gears causing them the crack and fail. No gears and you have just another aluminum pot. Also, the lid is slightly smaller than the pot so the spring clamps don't hold the lid in place very well. When dumping freshly poppped corn into a bowl the lid has a tendency to fall away from the hot pot. So be careful not to burn yourself. Bottom line... I know the flaws, I take heed of them and use the product accordingly. When this one fails.., I'll probly buy another one.

Customer Buzz
"No grannies" 2010-04-01
By Shala Kerrigan (Anchorage)
I love my Whirley-Pop popper for the most part. It makes the best popcorn of any popper I've ever used with virtually no grannies (unpopped kernels).
I use a 1/3 cup of popcorn, 3 Tablespoons butter-y popcorn oil and a teaspoon of sea salt in mine to make popcorn perfectly to my tastes, a bit more salt and oil makes a popcorn my husband loves.
I use it on a gas range with no issues.
My only complaints about it are that the brushed aluminum and top are very hard to get very clean by handwashing. I wind up having to use a chopstick and a bit of steel wool to get into the housing that has the gear to turn it and brushed aluminum has to be scoured to get all traces of oil out of it or it will feel sticky to the touch after it dries.
So far, it's worth the effort. Popcorn made this way does taste a lot better to me than airpopped.

Customer Buzz
"Can wash in dishwasher - but it'll rust eventually" 2010-03-25
By Honesty (Westover, WV USA)
I have always washed my whirley-pop in the dishwasher. The first one's lid rusted after several years of this "abuse" and I replaced it when it rusted too much for my taste. The pot, which never rusted, goes in the bottom rack. The top's a little tricker; I fold lids back and lay it in the top rack on top of the other dishes/glasses, making sure to lower the "stem" between secure dishes, but not poking through the bottom. (This keeps the lid from moving around too much.) The water splashes enough that it gets perfectly clean along with everything else. Would it last longer if I hand washed it? Probably, but I can always use the pot for other things when the top gets too rusty. I just like knowing it's really clean!


Images Product

Read more Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO